Quick and easy beauty tips for moms!
1. Tame your brows using brow gel and a brush. Eyebrows frame the face and can even alter how your face shape looks in some cases. Eyebrows that are too short can make your face look fuller, and eyebrows that are too severe or angled can make your face look stronger and sort of angry! Shaping your brows is important to having a put-together look. This way you can do it with one hand.
2. Take a hot steam "spa" shower. Plug the drain when taking a hot shower then add scented or epsom salts to the water. Instant trip to the spa while the baby takes a nap!
3. Use a facial cleansing brush. Again, something you can do with one hand. Also, those battery-powered bristles can actually exfoliate and keep your skin as bright as your baby's.
4. Use cooling eye gel. When you're low on time, using a cooling eye gel can help relieve puffiness and dark circles. Plus, you won't scare your kids with a full-on green monster.
5. Use a natural bristle hair brush. When paired with dry shampoo or hair gel, a natural bristle brush can give you a super quick style between washes. Bonus, the natural bristles help with all that shedding hair.
6. Wear sunscreen every time you leave the house. If your pregnancy glow has turned into the pregnancy mask, make sure to wear sunscreen to combat postnatal hyper-pigmentation.
7. Use Eye drops. No one needs to know you've only slept three hours in two days. Getting the red out is the ultimate fake it till you make it!
8. Wear a headband. Pop one on before you head out to do errands, and it looks like you've tried — even if the only thing on your mind is grabbing more diapers.
9. Hydrate. Remember how much water you drank while you were pregnant? Yeah, keep that up. It's the lowest maintenance way to feel good inside and out.
10. Eyes or lips. A bold lip always looks polished and will distract from any shirt stains. And using a lighter eye shadow or pencil along the brow and lower lid will create a more open and well-rested look — even if a screaming infant suggests otherwise.
11. Keep moisturizing wipes next to your bed. Or next to the crib, or wherever you are dozing off these days. This way your skin can stay fresh and moisturized without getting your expensive cream all over your babe.
12. Use disposable manicure gloves. You can heat them up in the microwave while the bottle is heating up on the stove, and then just toss them when you're done. Time it right, and it will probably be when you're throwing out that smelly diaper anyway.
13. Use leave in conditioner and put your hair in a braid. You get two styles in one! First, braids will keep your hair out of your face while hovering over the changing table as the conditioner really soaks in. Then, you have nourished and wavy strands when you take the braids out.
14. Drink a smoothie. If you're making your own baby food, why not whip up a healthy and vitamin-rich snack for yourself as well? Helps keep you nourished and goes with you from room to room while rocking the baby to sleep.
15. Use teeth whitening strips. When that glorious day comes where you can enjoy a glass (or three) of red wine, make sure to pop on a pair of teeth-whitening strips in the morning to keep your pearly whites in perfect peek-a-boo form.
16. Use a tinted moisturizer. While you're working hard inside all day, fake a sun-kissed look while moisturizing as you normally would to get that Coppertone girl golden base, without the pervy dog.
17. Wear socks with vaseline or heavy moisturizer. This old wives tale has been around so long because it actually works. Have feet as soft as a baby's bottom while wiping the baby's bottom.